Information Technology | Springfield , VA , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a Capacity Database Manager in Springfield, VA.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Analyze and determine program capacity information elements, data relationships, attributes, data flow, storage requirements, data output, and reporting requirements.
- Use and enable Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) techniques to acquire new data ensuring consistency and integration with capacity data warehouse structure.
- Receive business operations requirements for data and data usage, research sources for data feeds, and recommends improvements.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance to ensure high availability, monitoring performance, documenting changes and solutions to incidents and problems.
- Design and maintain capacity data dictionaries and database structure and layout.
- Collaborate with peers and provide guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Stay current on vendors’ best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Brief technical processes and topics to internal engineering teams as necessary to propagate best practices and ensure capacity project and program success.
- Lead the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of program capacity Postgres relational database.
- Manage the design, planning, implementation and administration of databases, including security, access and documentation.
- Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Collaborate with data system source teams, capacity project management, and other engineers in the development of capacity data products.
- Develop rapid and reliable capacity data pipelines that make data easily consumable by analytic tools, other systems, and end users.
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines. Design and implement data schemas and models that can scale and utilize Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) techniques.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Direct experience database structure and Extract, Transform, Load techniques.
- Direct knowledge of data warehouses with emphasis on Python & SQL scripting related to working with large data sets.
- Excellent data evaluation skills and use of tools like MS Excel or Tableau.
- Ability to present data and concepts to technical audiences.
- General knowledge of IT service catalogs for labor and material.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile Scrum practices.
- Working knowledge of IT chargeback methodologies.
- Ability to brief prepared financial data as it relates to program capacity.
- Excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or within a small team.
- Ability to manage priorities across multiple project tasks.
- Ability to work within an accelerated schedule timelines while delivering high quality products to the customer.
- TS/SCI clearance required.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Agile, and or Advanced ITIL Certified.
- Demonstrated experience with NGA or Mission Partners.
- Experience with analytics tools like Tableau, Alteryx, or Talend.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 10 years of related experience, with at least 4 years of experience on a program that provides infrastructure services including compute, storage, database, transport, enterprise management, and/or desktop services.
Required TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com