Information Technology | Fort Hood , TX , US
The U.S. Army Coalition Interoperability Assurance and Validation (CIAV) System Engineer supports the Army CIAV Site Lead with regards to personnel, event management, report writing, technical expertise, and operational, technical, and strategic vision. The CIAV Systems Engineer provides systems and network analysis, planning, installation, configuration, assessing, and management of the C5ISR systems environment and supporting services in support of CIAV events. Feel free to learn more about the role below, and our awesome benefits here.
- Provide technical oversight of all C5ISR systems and supporting services used in lab-based assessments.
- Provide technical solutions for the CIAV lab, which includes the Coalition Test and Evaluation Environment (CTE2), Coalition Verification and Validation Environments (CV2E) and other lab environments as required.
- Maintain, update, integrate, and operate the VMWare virtual center and all related Army Battle Command Servers.
- Compiles all necessary documentation required for DISA accreditation and supplying that documentation to the government annually or in the event of a major change.
- Coordinates with the local COMSEC Custodian to acquire, and assists with the install, of the monthly cryptographic keys to allow for continued communications with all other CIAV labs.
- Ability to set-up and maintain network related issues during integration and test activities.
- Provide technical advice/guidance to test floor/material developers and operators for issue resolution regarding coalition interoperability support to ensure systems meets DoD standards.
- Responsible for the configuration and status of the CIAV event floor and architecture.
- Directly support the writing of all Army CIAV Event reports, to include the Desktop Analysis (DTA); Quick Look; Quad Chart; and Assurance, Verification and Validation (AV&V) reports.
- Information Assurance Network/Security Officer (IANO/IASO) for joint/coalition assessment environment.
- Ensure DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) compliancy within the assessment environment.
- Create and update network and system documentation supporting event execution.
- Provide assistance during the planning, execution, and reporting cycles of CIAV events and exercises.
- Provide CIAV updates and briefings to visitors and leadership.
- Provide daily updates during execution of events and exercises.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with virtual administration and engineering to include installing and maintaining VMware (Workstation, Server, ESXi, vCenter, vSphere) and Dell server (Bladecenter, Storage) environments.
- Experience with Cisco infrastructure design, installation, and administration; Cisco Firewall installation and management and Cisco Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) administration.
- Windows and Linux administration experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining various technical system documentation.
- Experience providing over-the-shoulder training to soldiers during field exercises.
- Experience setting up and maintaining remote testing facilities.
- Troubleshooting experience with system and network related issues during testing and fielding activities and exercises.
- Experience with COOP planning and implementation.
- Experience with DoD system security policy and procedures.
- Experience with system and network design, installation, administration, and architecture.
- Ability to think critically and analytically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Sills:
- Military experience is highly desirable. Completion of a U.S. Military Service Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) or Senior NCO Academy Course and/or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is desirable.
- Experience in operating and/or working within the DoD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies with field level experience preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work military experience is desired.
- 5-7 years of related system implementation and design experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position.
- This position may require travel within Continental US (CONUS) and Outside CONUS (OCONUS).
- Requires a Secret clearance. And must be able to obtain a Top Secret.
- TS/SCI is preferred.
AAP/EEO Statement: Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans