Cloud Design Engineer (1193) | Fort Meade, 20755, Ft. Meade, Fort Meade, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Cloud Design Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Cloud Design Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse Web-Based User Interfaces that interact with Big-Data Cloud systems based upon documented requirements.
- Directly contributes to all stages of designing, implementing, and testing Web-Based User Interfaces that expose data for Big-Data Cloud Based infrastructure using Hadoop Eco-System.
- Provides expertise in Cloud Technologies, Distributed Computing and how to best display data produced by these technologies.
- Implements Graphical Web-Based User Interface with usability, security, and performance in mind.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse.
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Retains in-depth knowledge of Information Retrieval, assisting the software development team in designing, developing, and testing Cloud Information Retrieval
- Knowledge of and ability to propose new ways of analyzing data stored in Cloud Big Table
- Knowledge of and ability to propose new ways of analyzing data stored in Cloud Distributed File System
- Ability to multitask and oversees one or more software development tasks and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any project
- Knowledge of and ability to recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Eight (8) years software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required; two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data Cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing. Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar Big-Data systems may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Master’s in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience. Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
- The following Cloud related experiences are required:
- Two (2) year of Web-Based applications that retrieves/stores data in a Cloud Data System
- Two (2) year of building applications that comply with modern Web 2.0 standards.
- Two (2) years of Cloud and/or Distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR)
- One (1) year working with data stored in Cloud Big Table
- One (1) year of analyzing data stored in Cloud Distributed File System
- Three (3) years of experience Computer Network Operations
- Utility Computing, Network Management, Virtualization (VMWare or VirtualBox), Cloud Computing.
- Three (3) years of experiences Information Assurance
- Securing User Interfaces based on Cloud and Distributed applications that contain disparate data sources and classifications through industry standard techniques such as Firewalls, PKI Certificate and Server Authentication with experience in corporate authentication service(s).
- Three (3) years of experience of Information Technology
- 1. Object Oriented Design and Programming, Java, Eclipse or similar development environment, MAVEN, RESTful web services.
- 2. Interfacing with Cloud and Distributed Computing Technologies: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas – Spring MVC, J2EE, HDFS, HBase, JMS, Concurrent Programming, Multi-Node implementation/installation and other applicable technologies.
- 3. Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas – HDFS, HBASE, Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, MongoDB
- 5. Aspect Oriented Design and Development
- 6. Debugging and Profiling Cloud and Distributed Installations: Java Virtual Machine (JVM) memory management, Profiling Java Applications
- Three (3) years of experience of SIGINT
- 1. Experience with at least one SIGINT collection discipline areas (FORNSAT, CABLE, Terrestrial/Microwave, Overhead, ELINT)
- 2. Geolocation, emitter identification, and signal applications.
- 3. Joint program collection platforms and dataflow architectures; signals characterization analysis
- Three (3) years of experience CentOS, Linux/RedHat
- 1. CentOS, Linux/RedHat,
- 2. Configuration management tools such as Subversion, ClearQuest, or Razor.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Use of standard office equipment such as scanners and printers, phones, and laptops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans