Cloud Information System Security Engineer 1280 | Aberdeen Proving Ground, 21005, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, US
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design enterprise and systems security throughout the development lifecycle; translate technology and environmental conditions into security designs and processes.
- Guide, document, validate technical efforts to design, build, and deploy AWS applications at the direction of lead architects, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and advanced analytic.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for AWS solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance.
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- CASP+ CE, CISSP (or Associate), or CSSLP certified
- Three (3) or more years of combined design and hands-on cloud experience
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms
- Must understand and have experience with the five pillars of well-architected frameworks.
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics.
- Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Master’s degree and seven (7) years direct related experience
- Or bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years direct related experience
- Long periods of sitting, working at a desk, using office equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time
- Must be willing to travel, as needed, up to 25%.
Requires a TS/SCI with CI poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com