Cloud Software Engineer (1125) | Fort Meade, 20755, Ft. Meade, Fort Meade, MD, US
***This position is contingent upon contract award***
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Cloud Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Cloud Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse Big-Data Cloud systems based upon documented requirements.
- Directly contributes to all stages of back-end processing, analyzing, and indexing.
- Provides expertise in Cloud Computing, Hadoop Eco-System including implementing Java applications, Distributed Computing, Information Retrieval (IR), and Object Oriented Design.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Eight (8) years of experience software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required; two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data Cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing.
- The following Cloud related experiences are required:
a. Two (2) years of Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR).
b. One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Big Table.
c. One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Distributed File System.
d. One (1) year of experience with implementing complex MapReduce analytics.
e. One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks.
- Must have knowledge with Computer Network Operations: Utility Computing, Network Management, Virtualization (VMWare or VirtualBox), Cloud Computing 2. Multi Node Management and Installation: Management and installation of Cloud and Distributed Computing on multiple nodes, Python, CFEngine, Bash, Ruby or related technologies.
- Must have experience with Information Assurance: Securing Cloud Based and Distributed applications through industry standard techniques such as Firewalls, PKI Certificate and Server Authentication with experience in Corporate authentication service(s)
- Candidate must display experience with Information Technology:
a. Object Oriented Design and Programming, Java, Eclipse or similar development environment, MAVEN, RESTful web services.
b. Cloud and Distributed Computing Technologies: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas – YARN, J2EE, MapReduce, Zookeeper, HDFS, HBase , JMS, Concurrent Programming, Multi-Node implementation/installation and other applicable technologies.
c. Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas – HDFS, HBASE, Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, MongoDB
d. Ingesting, Parsing and Analysis of Disparate Data-sources and formats: XML, JSON, CSV, Binary Formats, Sequence or Map Files, Avro and related technologies
e. Aspect Oriented Design and Development
f. Debugging and Profiling Cloud and Distributed Installations: Java Virtual Machine (JVM) memory management, Profiling Java Applications
g. UNIX/LINUX, CentOS
- Candidate must have experience with SIGINT:
a. Experience with at least one SIGINT collection discipline areas (FORNSAT, CABLE, Terrestrial/Microwave, Overhead, and ELINT)
b. Geolocation, emitter identification, and signal applications. 3. Joint program collection platforms and dataflow architectures; signals characterization analysis
- Experience with Other:
a. CentOS and Linux/RedHat
b. Configuration management tools such as Subversion, ClearQuest, or Razor.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar Big-Data systems may be substituted for a bachelors degree. Master in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience. Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.