Cloud Software Engineer (1171) | Fort Meade, 20755, Ft. Meade, Fort Meade, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Cloud Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Cloud Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse Big-Data Cloud systems based upon documented requirements.
- Directly contributes to all stages of back-end processing, analyzing, and indexing.
- Provide expertise in Cloud Computing, Hadoop Eco-System including implementing Java applications, Distributed Computing, Information Retrieval (IR), and Object-Oriented Design.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports.
- Will utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Provide in-depth knowledge of Information Retrieval; assisting the software development team in designing, developing and testing Cloud Information Retrieval
- Ability to implement complex workflows that manage Cloud MapReduce analytics
- Ability to implement code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks
- Must be able to oversee one or more software development tasks and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any project
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Eight (8) years of experience software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required; two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data Cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar Big-Data systems may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. Master’s in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience. Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
- The following Cloud related experiences are required:
- Two (2) years of Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR).
- One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Big Table.
- One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Distributed File System.
- One (1) year of experience with implementing complex MapReduce analytics.
- One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks.
- Three (3) years of experience with Computer Networking operations:
- Utility Computing, Network Management, Virtualization (VMWare or VirtualBox), Cloud Computing
- Multi Node Management and Installation: Management and installation of Cloud and Distributed Computing on multiple nodes, Python, CFEngine, Bash, Ruby or related technologies.
- Three (3) years of experience with Information Assurance:
- Securing Cloud Based and Distributed applications through industry standard techniques 3TTO 1506 -9 FTEs such as Firewalls, PKI Certificate and Server Authentication with experience in corporate authentication service(s)
- Three (3) years of experience in Information Technology.
- Object Oriented Design and Programming, Java, Eclipse or similar development environment, MAVEN, RESTful web services.
- Cloud and Distributed Computing Technologies: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas -YARN, J2EE, MapReduce, Zookeeper, HDFS, HBase , JMS, Concurrent Programming, Multi-Node implementation/installation and other applicable technologies.
- Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas -HDFS, HBASE, Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, MongoDB
- Ingesting, Parsing and Analysis of Disparate Data-sources and formats: XML, JSON, CSV, Binary Formats, Sequence or Map Files, Avro and related technologies
- Aspect Oriented Design and Development
- Debugging and Profiling Cloud and Distributed Installations: Java Virtual Machine (JVM) memory management, Profiling Java Applications
- UNIX/LINUX, CentOS
- Three (3) years of experience with SIGINT
- Experience with at least one SIGINT collection discipline areas (FORNSAT, CABLE, Terrestrial/Microwave, Overhead, and ELINT)
- Geolocation, emitter identification, and signal applications.
- Joint program collection platforms and dataflow architectures; signals characterization analysis
- Three (3) years experiences with CentOS, Linux/RedHat, and configuration management tools such as Subversion, ClearQuest, or Razor.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans