Cloud Software Engineer (1200) | Fort Meade, 20755, Ft. Meade, Fort Meade, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Cloud Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Cloud Software Engineer develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse Big-Data Cloud systems based upon documented requirements.
- Directly contributes to all stages of back-end processing, analyzing, and indexing. Provides expertise in Cloud Computing, Hadoop Eco-System including implementing Java applications, Distributed Computing, Information Retrieval (IR), and Object-Oriented Design.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Provide in-depth knowledge of Information Retrieval, assisting the software development team in designing, developing, and testing Cloud Information Retrieval
- Ability to implement complex workflows that manage Cloud MapReduce analytics
- Ability to implement code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks
- Oversee one or more software development tasks and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any project
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Cloud Computing and corresponding technologies including Hadoop – assisting the software development team in designing, developing, and testing Cloud Computing Systems
- Must be able to debug problems with Cloud based Distributed Computing Frameworks
- Manage multi-node Cloud based installation
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
- Knowledge of software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Knowledge of and the ability to recommend new technologies and processes for complex cloud software projects
- Ability to Architect solutions to complex Cloud Software Engineering Problems such as efficiently processing and retrieving large amounts of data
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; four (4) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing.
- Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar Big-Data systems may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
- Twelve (12) years' experience software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- The following Cloud related experiences are required:
a. Two (2) years of Cloud and/or Distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR).
b. One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Big Table.
c. One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Distributed File System.
d. One (1) year of experience with implementing complex MapReduce analytics.
e. One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks.
f. One (1) year of experience in architecting Cloud Computing solutions
g. One (1) year of experience in debugging problems with Cloud based Distributed Computing Frameworks
h. One (1) year of experience in managing multi-node Cloud based installation
- Five (5) years of experience in Computer Network Engineer
- 1Utility Computing, Network Management, Virtualization (VMWare or VirtualBox), Cloud Computing
- Multi Node Management and Installation: Management and installation of Cloud and Distributed Computing on multiple nodes, Python, CFEngine, Bash, Ruby or related technologies.
- Five (5) years of experience in Information Assurance
- Securing Cloud Based and Distributed applications through industry standard techniques such as Firewalls, PKI Certificate and Server Authentication with experience in corporate authentication service(s)
- Five (5) years of experience in Information Technology
- Object Oriented Design and Programming, Java, Eclipse or similar development environment, MAVEN, RESTful web services.
- Cloud and Distributed Computing Technologies: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas – YARN, J2EE, MapReduce, Zookeeper, HDFS, HBase , JMS, Concurrent Programming, MultiNode implementation/installation and other applicable technologies.
- Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas – HDFS, HBASE, Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, MongoDB
- Ingesting, Parsing and Analysis of Disparate Data-sources and formats: XML, JSON, CSV, Binary Formats, Sequence or Map Files, Avro and related technologies
- Aspect Oriented Design and Development
- Debugging and Profiling Cloud and Distributed Installations: Java Virtual Machine (JVM) memory management, Profiling Java Applications
- UNIX/LINUX, CentOS
- Five (5) years of experience SIGINT
- Experience with at least one SIGINT 5 collection discipline areas (FORNSAT, CABLE, Terrestrial/Microwave, Overhead, and ELINT)
- Geolocation, emitter identification, and signal applications.
- Joint program collection platforms and dataflow architectures; signals characterization analysis
- Five (5) years of experience with CentOS, Linux/RedHat, and configuration management tools such as Subversion, ClearQuest, or Razor.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans