Information Technology | Springfield , VA , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a Communications Specialist located in Springfield, VA to participate in development, revision and delivery of internal external communications materials.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Support the Communications Lead in the development, revision and delivery of internal and external communications materials.
- Aid in the preparation of program briefings for ITEMS DCS leadership’s presentation to the government customer. To include, but not limited to: the drafting of talking points, scripts and other communications products in coordination with the ITEMS DCS leaders; reviewing and editing information on deliverables.
- Collaborate across all ITEMS DCS service lanes to gain an understanding of all facets of the program and technologies.
- Effectively provide writing and editing skills and strategies to support program and business area leadership.
- Ensure deliverables meet editorial and customer specifications as applicable and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
- Provide administrative support where needed as it relates to program and business area Communications activities.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- CompTIA Security +
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic skills necessary to understand the ITEMS DCS program and NCE dynamics and tailor communications accordingly.
- Must demonstrate success and comfort in working with a diverse workforce, working alongside technical professionals in various levels of expertise.
- Outstanding time management – work within accelerated schedule timelines while delivering high quality products to the customer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively in a team environment with colleagues from a variety of departments and leadership levels.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Experience developing infographics.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop,etc.) Multimedia experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of NGA and its Mission Partners, or within the Department of Defense.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com