Information Technology | Fort Meade , MD , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a Computer Network Defense Engineering Specialist in Fort Meade, MD to provide engineering and technical support combined with operational understanding of cybersecurity to optimize organizational use of resources to defend against attacks on the Defense and National Information Infrastructure systems. Research trends and the use of tools and techniques, to make recommendations and write requirements with an overall objective of maximizing the ability of analysts to utilize cyber defense systems.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Conduct engineering to attain cyber mission effects.
- Develop detailed specifications for end-to-end, knowledge-driven cyber mission capabilities.
- Develop technical implementations that enable system integration to streamline and expedite the creation of cyber mission effects.
- Understand legal compliance policy and mission risk factors that affect mission decisions and ensure that technical solutions incorporate appropriate decision points and mitigation capabilities.
- Support engineering efforts to create requirements for partner organizations focused on the identification of vulnerabilities and corresponding threats with the goal of influencing mitigation strategies and solutions.
- Perform risk and opportunity assessments through synthesis of information across intelligence disciplines and open-source information.
- Utilize graph and other specialized database tools to store, retrieve and evaluate cyber mission information and knowledge. This information and knowledge includes adversary cyber capabilities, intentions, and supporting infrastructures in order to improve network defense and/or other intelligence collection tradecraft.
- Contribute to knowledge management by entering sources and analyst findings into appropriate databases and other repositories on a timely basis.
- Assist with the development of requirements for databases and other knowledge repositories on adversary information warfare and hacker capabilities, intentions and supporting infrastructures.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- IAT Level II Certification
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to research, analyze, and report on adversary computer network operations, trends and use of tools and techniques, with an overall objective of producing indications and warning reports on impending network attacks against the Defense and National Information Infrastructure systems.
- Minimum of eight (8) recent years of work experience in information assurance or computer network operations, or a combination of a minimum of five (5) recent years of work experience in information assurance or computer network operations and a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com