Information Technology | Springfield , VA , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a Senior Configuration Analyst in Springfield, VA.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Provide configuration management support to assigned projects.
- Support the Data Center Services (DCS’s) Engineering Change Management team and a major Intelligence Community customer.
- Work under the general guidance and directly for the DCS Engineering Change Management Lead.
- Research, compose, coordinate, and present the Program’s engineering activities through internal Boards and the customer’s Outage Control Board (OCB) for validation and approval.
- Participate in the OCB validation and various approval meetings acting as a technical advisor, presenter, and subject matter expert for telecommunications and WAN/LAN related Authorized Outages (AOs).
- Assist in planning and developing methods, procedures, and policies concerning telecommunications systems and implementing telecommunication projects.
- Participate in program management reviews, technical oversight meetings, and workshops to keep abreast of program controls, changes and new standard systems being acquired for installation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Intelligence Community (IC)-ITE initiative and will participate in the IC DeskTop Environment (DTE) IT change management process.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Ability to interface with the customer on a consistent basis and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Must demonstrate familiarity (technical and performance requirements) with existing customer’s IT systems and segments.
- Understand the “why” behind the customer needs and can clearly articulate it to others.
- Highly organized with the ability to strategically think about operational needs and opportunities, while always taking a customer and partner-centric approach.
- Ability to inspire and work collaboratively with individuals of highly diverse cultures in a global and virtual environment and effectively communicate technical issues in a non-technical manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for managing 10-30 engineering activities/requirements a week including new activities, updating the status of existing activities, modifying as needed for date changes, preparing briefings, attending eight Outage Control Board (OCB) meetings a week and 2-4 Senior level briefings discussing high or significant outage impacts.
- Research, draft, coordinate, finalize and submit for validation and approval of AOs.
- Must be able to interact with IC DTE Integrated Program Office (IPO) and T leadership to provide IC DTE status and assist in shaping IC DTE roles and responsibilities.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Must have ability to support core hours in support of our customers.
- Basic understanding of various virtualization technology principles and cloud computing.
- ITIL Foundations; or an understanding of ITIL and the application of domain knowledge of the NGA architecture and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience with National Geospatial Intelligence Agency or Mission Partner Systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of the client’s Governance and Process Controls procedures (Board, control gates etc.).
- Must have an understanding of the ISP/ASP construct.
- Enterprise Management Tools experience (BMC Remedy ITSM, ServiceNow).
- Familiarity with SharePoint.
- Familiarity with IC Connect (Adobe) and other meeting facilitation tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
- 5-10 years of IT requirements management, configuration management, change management or Systems Engineering experience.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com