Configuration Manager (1162) | Fort Meade, 20755, Fort Meade, MD, US
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems.
- Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
- Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Implements CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Performs change control and configuration audits.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Understand basic concepts, and be able to assist in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures
- Understand basic concepts, and be able to assist in maintaining and developing the environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Able to apply concepts and define and implement hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process
- Eight (8) years CM experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience to six (6). Four (4) years of additional CM experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- If assigned to a developmental program, one (1) year of experience using a source code control system for a developmental program of similar scope and complexity is required
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Use of standard office equipment such as scanners and printers, phones, and laptops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Clearance Requirement and Background screening:
Employment is contingent on maintaining the required TS/SCI clearance with polygraph, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans