Information Technology | Washington , DC , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a Cyber Incident Responder to defend and protect entities from cyber security attacks and threats in Washington DC. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Perform forensic analysis of digital information and gathers and handles evidence.
- Identify network computer intrusion evidence and perpetrators, and coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Provide expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Direct multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
- May work individually or as a key member of the senior leadership team.
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Required DOD 8570 Baseline certification and CSSP Incident Responder
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment.
- Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational.
- Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with 8 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education, professional training and/or work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with 6 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education, professional training and/or work experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Position may require evening, weekend or shift-work (depending on operational tempo).
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com