Information Technology | Washington , DC , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer in Washington, D.C. area.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Provide leadership to team members and colleagues.
- Perform system design, modeling, analysis, and sustainment of network-based sensor systems.
- Remain proactive in identifying, analyzing, and resolving technical issues involving Palo Alto firewalls.
- Plan and direct upgrades and system enhancements.
- Develop and implement test strategies and document results.
- Provide technical OJT training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Develop documentation on new or existing systems
- May work individually or as a key member of the senior leadership team.
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Provide expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Direct multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
- Monitor and suggest improvements to IA policy.
- Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives.
- Provide the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity.
- Provide expert guidance and work product evaluation to one or more security engineers that support Engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- Perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established IA standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Build IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Support the building of security architectures.
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Review certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems.
- Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following : system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Required DOD 8570 Baseline certification and IASAE II certification.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment.
- Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with 8 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education, professional training and/or work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with 6 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education, professional training and/or work experience.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com