Cybersecurity FSE, IAT III Level 1270 | Aberdeen Proving Ground, 21005, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, US
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the on-site lead for the Field Service Engineer (FSE) support.
- Responsible for the team tasking, deliverables, and managing project artifacts.
- Performs installation, implementation, configuration, and support of Information Systems (ISs) on various networks with multilevel security requirements.
- Maintain baseline system security according to organizational policies and system authorizations.
- Troubleshoot hardware/software interface and interoperability problems.
- Comply with organization system administration standard operating procedures.
- Conduct functional and connectivity testing to ensure continuing operability.
- Create and maintain all documentation related to activities.
- Implement and enforce local network usage policies and procedures
- Provide onsite / over-the-shoulder (OTS) training during new system installation, as required.
- Work with the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) team.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain networked and standalone computing equipment.
- Provides Tier 2 support for deployed CDS technologies.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Minimum of ten (10) years related cybersecurity and installation experience.
- CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH certification required.
- Hands on experience with the installation, configuration, test, troubleshoot and support of the Information Systems (ISs) at various Government units.
- Proficient in primary operating system(s) of ISs being installed.
- Knowledge of CDS policies, rule sets, filters and data flow development.
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles.
- Knowledge of national and international laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
- Master’s degree and eight (8) years direct related experience
- Or bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years direct related experience
- Long periods of sitting, working at a desk, using office equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time
- Must be willing to travel, 50% or more.
Requires a Top Secret/SCI with CI poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com