Cybersecurity Systems Engineer -TS/SCI (337) | Landover, 20785, Landover, MD, US
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here):
Zapata Technology, Inc. is currently seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance who can perform or review technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability. This position is located in Landover, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements to Build IA into systems deployed to operational environments to assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application security policy and enterprise solutions
- Support the building of security architectures
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
- Review certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
- Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems
- Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to : system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non- repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
- Must be able to perform the tasks of Senior Level Technicians, specialists, and or managers
- Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
⦁ DoD 8570 compliance Security + /CSSP Infrastructure Support
⦁ Interpersonal Skills
⦁ Effective Communication skills – verbal and written
⦁ Listening skills
⦁ Problem analysis and problem solving
⦁ Attention to detail and accuracy
⦁ Customer Service oriented
⦁ Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
⦁ Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
- HS/GE + 12 years or
- Associates Degree + 10 years or
- Bachelor’s Degree + 8 years or
- Master’s Degree + 6 years or
- PhD + 4 years
Requires TS/SCI clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.