Data Visualization Front End Developer, 1099 4-6 Week Gig (1190) | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Data Visualization Front End Developer, 1099 4-6 Week Gig
This is an independent contractor (1099) role: duration is an expected 4-6 weeks, 15-25 hours per week.
Zapata Technology, Inc. (Zapata) is looking for three to four (3-4) developers to provide contracted services with experience in user interface / user experience design for front end development on our existing AI/ML tools. Front end developers will be responsible for ensuring the alignment of data visualization web design and user experience requirements and optimizing web pages for maximum containerized efficiency. The front-end developer will work as part of a team which could include back-end developers, graphic designers, and user experience designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent.
Existing application is containerized in Docker using Docker Compose and Docker files. It is written in REACT.js and interacts with data through Apache NiFi, MongoDB and Neo4j. Potential contractors will be required to provide Zapata with live examples (screen shots will not be acceptable) of your work in REACT.JS to be fully considered for this contracted position.
- Determining the structure of existing front end and design and update.
- Ensuring user experience and ease of navigation.
- Focus on features to enhance the user experience.
- Balance functional/ease of maintenance and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for containerization (Docker).
- Documenting reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Daily reporting of code, adherence to style guides, completion of tickets to address all new features, enhancements, bug fixes.
Qualifications/skills contractor must have:
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Understanding of server-side CSS.
- Experience and access to graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Knowledge of MongoDB and Neo4J.
- Experience with adaptive design.
- Experience using GitHub.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is contract work (1099) for estimated 30-45 days.
Interested parties Should Provide:
- Your hourly rate.
- Your time availability.
- Date when you can begin.