Information Technology | Fort Gordon , GA , US
The DBA will support the DCGS-A system with a group of engineers and administrators. Will provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems. Will participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems. Will help solve engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned. Will support the database and software engineering and maintenance to include patching, monitoring and upgrades.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Support Relational Databases such as MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server; mainly Oracle.
- In-depth support of various Fixed operating systems.
- VMWare environment support.
- Support automation and storage tasks.
- Perform database Performance and Tuning and support to drive automation of installation, configuration, monitoring, operational and support tasks for Databases.
- Design, implement and maintain all functions of database systems, including access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation and statistical methodology.
- Define technical infrastructure environment for RDBMS platforms for Highly available Database.
- Implement HA solution and define Backup/Recovery strategy.
- Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings and consulting with application development products.
- Production support responsibilities include maximizing system availability, ensuring swift and complete database recovery, optimizing database and availability through ongoing maintenance, and ensure conformance to audit and operating standards.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- CompTIA Security+ CE is required.
- Oracle experience required.
- Two years of Linux/UNIX experience and working knowledge of other Fixed systems (RH Linux, Microsoft Windows 10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, and others).
- Demonstrated experience working in a virtualized DoD environment.
- Ability to work on a team under pressure to meet strict requirements with significant visibility to senior corporate leadership and government customers, alike.
- Perform quality control measures to ensure data consistency and reliability.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally with co-workers, management, and the customer as the customer is located on-site and there will be a lot of customer interaction and engagement.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Military experience is highly desirable. Completion of a U.S. Military Service Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) or Senior NCO Academy Course and/or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is desirable.
- Experience in operating and/or working within the DoD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies with field level experience preferred.
- DCGS-A Administration experience preferred.
- Java Web development in an Oracle Database environment preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and plus 5 years of experience. Or, 9 years of applicable experience total with no degree.
This position may require a 20% or greater travel requirement to Continental US (CONUS) and Outside CONUS (OCONUS).
Requires an Active TS//SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com.