Database Administrator (1206) | Fort Meade, 20755, Fort Meade, MD, US
- Maintains the integrity, security, and availability of multiple database(s).
- Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Administers, maintains, develops, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database.
- Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products.
- Performs database and software lifecycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration.
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Administer, maintain, and Implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s).
- Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations.
- Direct the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems in addition to database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database.
- Direct the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views.
- Direct the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Ability to maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s) and establish and maintain database user accounts.
- Organizational skills to organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Knowledge of and ability to evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products.
- Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE.
- Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s).
- Familiarity with database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability.
- Must be able to coordinate database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Able to support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementation
- Able to perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Ten (10) years of experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Use of standard office equipment such as scanners and printers, phones, and laptops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Clearance Requirement and Background screening:
Employment is contingent on maintaining the required TS/SCI clearance with polygraph, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans