Database Administrator – TS/SCI (340) | Columbia, 21046, Columbia, MD, Columbia, MD, US
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here):
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a Database Administrator for a new program in the Columbia, MD area. The Database Administrator has responsibilities mainly in the areas of technical administration and design with secondary responsibilities for instruction and documentation. For this role, the candidate will be a mid to journey-level DBA with distinct No-SQL skills and a desire to further expand his or her skill set and experience. The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively in a cross functional team with minor oversight and moderate on-site training. He or she should understand the importance of database efficiency and integrity in terms of both robustness and security. Our team includes some of the most capable engineers and staff in the industry and we hope to add you to our project.
- The candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the SILVERTON projects databases, working closely with Developers and Engineers to provide solutions to satisfy complex customer needs.
- Responsible for all database related activities including software installation, configuration, securing, database creation, monitoring of system health and performance of databases for reliability, performance, and accessibility. Write proactive scripts, stored procedures, and jobs to ensure that the databases are running efficiently.
- Is a primary contributor to the project. Also advises, educates, and works with developers tuning queries, and reviewing database configurations in support of performance problems and troubleshooting.
- Design and implement database designs and migrate database changes supporting project related efforts through various environments and into production.
- Writes scripts and jobs supporting database backup/recovery procedures, maintenance, and integrity. Create and test backup and recovery plans to ensure that SILVERTON databases are recoverable.
- Provides, documents, and maintains database standards, policies and procedures for effective operation, access, and control of DBMS environments.
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub). Experience with non-relational databases (MongoDB, Neo4j Apache Cassandra, AllegroGraph, ArangoDB, ect.)
Job Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop instruction, policies, and procedures as they relate to database management
- Experience working with Graph Databases
- Experience with Mongo DB and Neo4j
- Detail oriented and self-motivating
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience working with containers or microservices (Docker)
- Strong Linux skills, including troubleshooting and programming (Shell, Python, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of configuration, installation, patching, and upgrades of database software
- Strong knowledge of database performance tuning, backup, and recovery
- Document processes and procedures in a way that can be reproduced and development and production
- Strong troubleshooting and regression testing skills
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Customer facing attitude
- Strong understanding of Military and IC networks
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- MongoDB database knowledge
- Neo4j or Graph database knowledge
- Linux containers and virtualization (Docker), Kubernetes, Git
- 8 years of experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or other related technical fields required,
OR 4 Years of related experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree for a total of 12 years experience
Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead waist level from floor), bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; frequently fast paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with end-users. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time
- Up to 10%
- Requires TS/SCI clearance.
***This position is contingent upon program start in 4Q 2020.***
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.