Database Administrator | Fayetteville, 28310, Fayetteville, NC, US
***THIS JOB HAS BEEN UPDATED-PLEASE APPLY TO JOB 1045***
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here):
The Database Administrator will provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems. The DBA will participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems. The DBA will help solve engineering problems (or manage the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which they are assigned. The DBA will support the database and software engineering and maintenance to include patching, monitoring and upgrades. Although the DBA will work with team of engineers, it is also required that the DBA be able to work independently with little to no guidance. Check out our great benefits here.
- Support Relational Databases such as MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server; mainly Oracle.
- The ability to read, understand, and modify SQL and/or PL/SQL.
- In-depth support of various Fixed operating systems so at the DBA should have at least two years of Linux/UNIX experience and working knowledge of other Fixed systems (RH Linux, Microsoft Windows 10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, and others).
- VMware environment support; so the DBA must have demonstrated experience working in a virtualized DoD environment.
- Perform database Performance and Tuning and support to drive automation of installation, configuration, monitoring, operational and support tasks for Databases.
- Design, implement and maintain all functions of database systems, including access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation, and statistical methodology.
- Define technical infrastructure environment for RDBMS platforms for Highly available Database.
- Implement a HA solution and define Backup/Recovery strategy.
- Participate in product evaluations, design review sessions, data requirement meetings and consulting with application development products.
- Production support responsibilities include maximizing system availability, ensuring swift and complete database recovery, optimizing database and availability through ongoing maintenance, and ensuring conformance to audit and operating standards.
- Perform quality control measures to ensure data consistency and reliability.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- CompTIA Security+ or higher is required.
- Position requires achieving and maintaining DoD 8570 compliance at IAT Level II or higher.
- Oracle experience required.
- Ability to work on a team under pressure to meet strict requirements with significant visibility to senior corporate leadership and government customers, alike.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally with co-workers, management, and the customer as the customer is located on-site and there will be a lot of customer interaction and engagement.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Military experience or experience in operating and/or working within the DoD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies with field level experience is desirable.
- DCGS-A Administration experience preferred.
- Experience working with large datasets (VLDB) preferred.
- Java Web development in an Oracle Database environment preferred.
- Linux experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience
May be requested to work outside of normal business hours.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on the computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position may require a 20% or greater travel requirement to Continental US (CONUS) and Outside CONUS (OCONUS).
Requires an Active TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.