Information Technology | San Antonio , TX , US
Zapata Technology is currently looking for a DCGS-A Field Service Analyst that will perform duties as a Field Service Analyst for performing routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions. The candidate must possess knowledge of and must be capable of using and operating systems and database management systems. Candidate must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices. Must be available for assignment to various CONUS/OCONUS sites for extended terms.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Ensures full mission capability for the Imagery Exploitation Capability which includes the NGA IEC server segment.
- Ensures full mission capability of the assigned Full Motion Video Capability deployed to customer site.
- Ensures full mission capability of all assigned IEC client workstations and full motion Video capability client workstations deployed onto DCGS-A MFWS on site.
- Reviews server directories ensuring they are not becoming full with log data
- Purges any latent data from the servers, as required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and fixes server anomalies.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and fixes client workstation software anomalies.
- Coordinates system maintenance actions with the MFWS FSR and helpdesk personnel to ensure anomalies are recorded and tracked for trend analysis.
- Maintains working relationships and open communications with the server segment Program Management Offices for each server segment to ensure timely information and knowledge regarding new patches, software installs, and other knowledge base issues.
- Performs automated system scans and performs manual system checks to ensure DoD IAVA and other IA requirements.
- Installs approved patches, new software, updates, as directed by change management and release control authorities for each POR server segment within his/her scope.
- Ensures all workstations are up to date on antivirus software.
- Ensures all workstations are performing as required by correcting disk issues with disk defragmentation software.
- Ensures all servers and workstations are backed up to the DCGS-A Enterprise backup solution regularly ensuring availability of data and configurations in the event of a failure on primary disk device
- Calibrates all monitors on all IEC enabled MFWS on a monthly basis ensuring products display as they should for all users.
- Coordinates server downtime and maintenance with external agencies based upon customer operational outage allowances.
- Assist the MFWS FSR and Release manager in maintaining appropriate version level information for all assigned GEOINT server and client segments.
- Provides timely information to the IEW maintenance chief to allow for the establishment and maintenance of a system status tracking mechanism.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Comptia Security+ CE and at least one of the below listed Minimum or Preferred Computning Environment Certifications
- Minimum Computing Environment:
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)(Server) 70-642 or 70-643
- NetApp NCDA
- Server +
- Linux +
- Oracle Certified Associate (Oracle Solaris 10 OS)
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in performing similar or related work
- Solaris 10 administration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 administration
- Sybase Database administration or like Db administration
- RAID storage management
- Military experience is desirable
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline with 2-4 years experience. Or in lieu of a degree have 4 years of relevant experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time exempt
Requires an active TS//SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify LaRissa Briggs, EEO Coordinator at 706-607-2582 or by email at LaRissaBriggs@ZapataTechnology.com