DCGS-A Field Service Analyst | San Antonio, 78234, San Antonio, TX, San Antonio, TX, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance to become a DCGS-A Field Service Representative in Ft. Sam Houston, TX. This position will perform duties as a Field Service Analyst (FSA) for initializing, placing into operation, and troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this system. This position will support the U.S. Army Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
DCGS-A Field Service Analyst will perform duties as a Field Service Analyst (FSA) for initializing, placing into operation, and troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this system. This position will support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smart books.
- Install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance and its applicable database
- Install and configure DCGS-A systems which include GWS, IFS,CDSS, and P-MFWS.
- Knowledge of DCGS-A setup and installation
- Install configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the
- Create virtual machines in support of POR system fielding, integration, and/or expansion.
- Create, configure, and maintain resource clusters ensuring an efficient and balanced environment for all tenant POR systems.
- Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to the system storage
- Document all configurations, changes, and proposed
- Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of industry best practices and methods.
- Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective
- Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
- Provide routine status updates to organizational
- Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources.
- Performs remote administration to secondary sites as
- Provides adhoc support to tenant POR server
- May be required to perform routing server management functions for servers located in the Management servers’ group of the Fixed Site Server Segment. Primary responsibility will be for the vCenter Server.
- May be required to Work as Tier, I II and III Support.
- Your ability to meet all requirements and conditions to fulfill and maintain deployment status
- Your ability to travel and accept temporary assignments at other locations (CONUS and/or OCONUS)
- Minimum: IAT LVL II
- Minimum CE: Server+
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Oracle Certified Associate (Oracle Solaris 10 OS), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) 70-680
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (Server): 70-642 or 70-643,
- NetApp NCDA
- Any other DCGS-A systems administration
- Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty, cygwin, etc….
- Experience utilizing vClient application to access enterprise
- Experience creating and managing virtual machines
- Experience performing IAVA, OS, and application
- Experience working in a fast-paced multi-faceted environment
- Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management applications preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principals including TCP/IP and DNS.
- Experience integrating with Symantec NetBackup solutions
- Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other national level agency preferred.
A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably technical, and 3 years of relevant experience or 6 years of experience total without a degree.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.