Information Technology | Fort Drum , NY , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a DCGS-A Field Tactical Groud System Service Analyst in Ft. Drum, NY. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- DCGS-A Field Tactical Ground System (TGS) Service Analyst will perform duties as a Field Service Analyst (FSA) for initializing, placing into operation, and troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this system. This position will support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (CompTIA Security Plus)
- Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smart books
- Install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance and it’s applicable database server/services
- Install and configure Socket GXP, FM Comms, TGS, OSRVT,and JTT, systems for TGS and DCGS A systems
- Knowledge of TGS setup and installation
- Knowledge of JSTARS, MTI, FMV and GEOINT functions and administration of systems
- Install configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the environment
- Create virtual machines in support of POR system fielding, integration, and/or expansion.
- Create, configure, and maintain resource clusters ensuring an efficient and balanced environment for all tenant POR systems
- Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to the system storage environment
- Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes
- Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of industry best practices and methods
- Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action
- Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system administrators
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
- Provide routine status updates to organizational leadership
- Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources
- Performs remote administration to secondary sites as assigned
- Provides adhoc support to tenant POR server administrators
- May be required to perform routing server management functions for servers located in the Management servers group of the Fixed Site Server Segment. Primary responsibility will be for the vCenter Server
- May be required to Work as Tier ,I II and III Support
- Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Any other DCGS-A systems administration experience
- Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty, cygwin, etc.
- Experience utilizing vClient application to access enterprise assets
- Experience creating and managing virtual machines
- Experience performing IAVA, OS, and application patching/updates
- Experience working in a fast-paced multi-faceted environment preferred
- Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management applications preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principals including TCP/IP and DNS
- Experience integrating with Symantec Netbackup solutions desired
- Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other national level agency preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline with 2.5 years of experience in performing similar or related work is required
- Or, additional 4.5 years of applicable experience may be substituted for degree
Requires TS/SCI clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com