DCGS-A Mobile Computer System Analyst (1112) | Fort Riley, 66442, Fort Riley, KS, Fort Riley, KS, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance to become a DCGS-A Mobile Computer System Analyst in Ft. Riley, KS. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
DCGS-A Mobile Computer System Analyst, Senior Lead will perform duties as a Field Service Analyst (FSA) Senior Lead for initializing, placing into operation, and troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this system. This position will support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations.
- Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to the system storage environment.
- Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes.
- Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of industry best practices and methods.
- Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system administrators.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
- Provide routine status updates to organizational leadership.
- Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources.
- Performs remote administration to secondary sites as assigned.
- Provides adhoc support to tenant POR server administrators.
- May be required to perform routing server management functions for servers located in the Management servers group of the Fixed Site Server Segment. Primary responsibility will be for the vCenter Server.
- May be required to Work as Tier, I II and III Support.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smart books.
- Must have the ability to install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance and its applicable database server/services.
- Must have the ability to install and configure DCGS-A systems which include GWS, IFS,CDSS, and P-MFWS.
- Must possess the knowledge of DCGS-A setup and installation
- Must have the knowledge of Oracle data base administration
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to install configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the environment.
- Must have experience creating virtual machines in support of POR system fielding, integration, and/or expansion.
- Must have experience creating, configuring, and maintaining resource clusters ensuring an efficient and balanced environment for all tenant POR systems.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of experience or 6 years of experience in lieu of a degree
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.