DCGS-A System Administrator (1185) | Fayetteville, 28303, Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, NC, US
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and formulating development projects based on customer requirements and inputs.
- Familiarity with DOD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies, with field level experience preferred.
- Must be able to develop, modify and improve ingestion process.
- Extensive knowledge of programming for integration with popular database management engines.
- The DSCG-A System Administrator must be able to generate, execute, and document test procedures for assigned programming projects.
- Gather ingestion requirements for new data sources and develop new Feedpipe code to harvest new data.
- Ingest XML, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PDF, and other data types based upon direct database connections with JAVA/XML program.
- Ability to perform various data management techniques to verify all data sources are processing data.
- Identify static and dynamic sources.
- Work with other team members and system engineers.
- Perform web development and provide HTML, XSL and XML products as directed.
- Development and deployment activities associated with Java programming.
- Scripting/programming and integrating programs in an XML environment.
- Ability to implement and maintain quality control measures to ensure data consistency and reliability.
- Basic Qualifications and Skills include:
- Java Web development in an Oracle Database environment.
- XML and/or KML script creation
- CompTIA Security+ CE and at least one of the below listed Minimum or Preferred Computing Environment Certifications
- Minimum Computing Certification:
- RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)(Server) 70-642 or 70-643
- Preferred Computing Certification:
- Oracle Certified Associate (Java SE 5/SE 6)
- 3 years of experience and a bachelor's degree, Computer Science preferred.
- 6 years total experience in lieu of a degree
- 50% of the time Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Use of standard office equipment such as scanners and printers, phones, and laptops.
- 50% of the time travel
- Occasionally move and or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Clearance Requirement and Background screening:
Employment is contingent on maintaining the required TS/SCI clearance, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans