DCGS-A VMWare Admin (1119) | Fayetteville, 28303, Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, NC, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance to become a DCGS-A VMWare Admin in the Fort Bragg, NC area. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smart books.
- Install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance and it’s applicable database server/services.
- Install configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the environment.
- Create virtual machines in support of POR system fielding, integration, and/or expansion.
- Create, configure, and maintain resource clusters ensuring an efficient and balanced environment for all tenant POR systems.
- Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to the system storage environment.
- Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes.
- Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of industry best practices and methods.
- Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system administrators.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
- Provide routine status updates to organizational leadership.
- Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources.
- Performs remote administration to secondary sites as assigned.
- Provides remote support to other sites as backup administrator to other Fixed site virtual environment administrators.
- Provides adhoc support to tenant POR server administrators.
- May be required to perform routing server management functions for servers located in the Management servers group of the Fixed Site Server Segment. Primary responsibility will be for the vCenter Server.
- May be required to report to and work functionally under a TIER III Enterprise Virtual Environment Manager.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Any DCGS-A systems administration experience.
- Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty, Cygwin, etc.
- Experience utilizing vClient application to access enterprise assets.
- Experience creating and managing virtual machines
- Experience performing IAVA, OS, and application patching/updates
- Experience working in a fast past multi-faceted environment preferred.
- Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management applications preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principals including TCP/IP and DNS.
- Experience integrating with Symantec NetBackup solutions desired.
- Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other national level agency preferred.
- CompTIA Security+ CE and at least one of the below listed Minimum or Preferred Computing Environment Certifications
- Minimum Computing Environment:
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
- Preferred Computing Environment Certification:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or VMware Certified Design Expert (VCD)
3 years of experience and a bachelor's degree, Computer Science preferred OR 6 years total experience in lieu of a degree
This position requires travel up to 50%
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.