Information Technology | Fairfax , VA , US
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The performance of a Director of Business Development will focus on the following areas:
- Develop and execute broad organizational strategic plans as well as leading and executing specific program
- captures and major proposals.
- Develop and execute capture plans during all phases, from early opportunity qualification and development,
- through proposal submission.
- Track and monitor opportunities qualified for pursuit by preparing and delivering status updates on opportunities
- as they progress through Zapata’s opportunity pipeline.
- Support proposal efforts to include writing and section lead.
- Work with technical staff to provide solutions development
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Department of Defense (DoD).
- Industry or DoD or IC experience working on programs of record and business development activities in support of US Government programs.
- Proven capture and proposal experience. Must be willing to actively contribute to proposal efforts to include participating in and/or leading color reviews and preparing written responses.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extroverted and enjoys social engagements as this position, most times, is the representative of the company at business meetings, conferences, dinners, etc.
- Must be someone who can think on their feet, confident to make decisions, and willing to work hard to successfully pursue and win opportunities.
- Formal capture and proposal writing training (e.g., Shipley Associates).
- Experience managing/developing internal research and development activities.
- Experience developing and managing marketing and bid and proposal budgets.
- Experience and comfort interfacing at all organization levels – from executive management to working level
- project managers and engineers.
- Experience with DoD or the IC either as a member of the Government/Service or as an employee of a contractor doing business with the DoD and the IC.
- Proven success and ability to develop effective professional relationships through personal influence – proactive, responsive, consistent, and persistent.
- Proven track record of understanding customer requirements and mission needs with a focus on collaboration; effectiveness in identifying opportunities for strategic alliances, opening new opportunities and market segments.
- Experience providing 8(a) services to the Federal Government.
- Familiarity working in a SB environment
- Experience using GovWin is helpful.
- An understanding of our current customer base, and preferably an understanding of C5ISR is desired.
- The position is a home based telecommuting role but much of our client base is in the NCR, so DC/MD/Northern VA based location is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At least 10 years demonstrated success in business development, government program management, and/or related US DOD or IC operational experience.
- The Director of Business Development will be required to manage tasks associated with the business development lifecycle, and other duties depending on the needs of the company.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.