Documentation Specialist TS/SCI (282) | Fort Meade, 20755, Fort Meade, MD, US
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here):
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a Documentation Specialist for a new program in the Columbia, MD area. The Documentation Specialist will be working on -site for our government customer this must hold an active TS/SCI security clearance. This position encompasses many responsibilities mainly in the areas of technical publications and documentation. In this role the candidate will maintain technical documentation databases, spreadsheets, technical drawings, and documents using Microsoft Office or other applications to accurately create project documentation. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
Responsible for supporting documentation on the software development and systems architecture products and services that Zapata Technology manages.
- Maintain technical documentation databases, spreadsheets, technical drawings, and edit and write technical documents using Microsoft Office or other applications.
- Coordinate inputs, edit inputs, and publish the organization’s weekly activity report
- Edit and assist development of knowledge articles supporting network operations and efficiency
- Manage knowledge articles and job aids to ensure relevancy and accessibility
- Work with subject-matter experts to source and validate accuracy of knowledge articles and other technical documents
- Assist with the creation and management of organizational briefs, websites, and shared spaces
- Develop job aids by researching, shadowing, and interviewing technical staff
- Analyze data and reports to nominate topics for knowledge articles Create new documentation or update existing documentation to accurately reflect changes in a product, services, or process
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Advanced word processing skills and experience with related editing software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat)
- Experience with MS Visio, Project, Word, Excel
- Detail oriented
- Experienced in collecting and organizing information for preparation of user manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Prior experience as a reports writer, reports officer, or case officer in the military.
- Customer facing attitude and strong understanding of project management
- Strong understanding of Military and IC networks
- · Familiarity with DoD and/or INSCOM
- 5 years of documentation experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or other related technical fields required,
OR 4 Years of additional related experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree
Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead waist level from floor), bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; frequently fast paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with end-users. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time
- Up to 10%
- Requires TS/SCI clearance.
***This position is contingent upon program start in 4Q 2020.***
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.