Information Technology | Springfield , VA , US
Zapata Technology is seeking An Enterprise Management Systems (EMS) Engineer’s expertise is needed to support Data Center Service to design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Performs installation, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the Fault and Performance tools.
- Configures EMS tools to provide up-to-date operational and performance status of servers and applications.
- Develops, implements, and executes standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the EMS tools including operating system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle upgrade management.
- Configure EMS tools to provide up-to-date operational and performance status of servers and applications.
- Perform actions and activities on Solaris, Linux, and Windows operating systems as needed.
- Interfaces with DSC Operations staff to adapt EMS tool capabilities to meet operational requirements.
- Assists with analysis using EMS and other tools to detect and respond to IT events, incidents, and outages.
- Performing systems hardening to DoD Standards
- Apply vendor patches and new designs to keep products up-to-date and meet security requirements.
- Patching occurs after 4pm for some systems and after 6pm for other system.
- Maintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurations including diagrams in MS Visio and/or PowerPoint.
- Create shell and Perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks.
- Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest.
- Work with engineers to establish and modify thresholds to better monitor systems.
- Working with software and hardware vendors to resolve issues and share requirements.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Experience with BMC fault and performance management tools; including installation, configuration, and administration.
- Fault event rules development, performance threshold management.
- Experience with tools in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with one or more of security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, or patch management.
- Event analysis.
- Strong background in Unix, Solaris, Linux, or Windows servers.
- Scripting skills.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- 3-6 years of experience with BMC specific tools.
- Must be able to support a large, complex server and network infrastructure.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies.
- Must be willing to document work and participate in customer change procedures.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised.
- Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team’s success.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Specific experience with BMC tools including BPM, BPPM, BEM, and SIM including service modeling.
- Experience with CA eHealth or other network performance tools.
- Windows, Solaris, or Linux administration experience.
- Scripting (perl, python, powershell).
- Service Model development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required with 8+ years of related systems engineering experience.
Requires a TS//SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com