Information Technology | Annapolis Junction , MD , US
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here: https://www.zapatatechnology.com/careers/external-referral-program/)
Zapata Technology is seeking an Enterprise Tools Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Enterprise Tools Engineer will primarily work to perform Enterprise Management Tools Engineering of the tools used to monitor and manage enterprise networks including expertis to analyze hardware systems, hardware design, architecture and network design.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Must obtain strong Project Management experience with the ability to lead teams
- Experience with Splunk, MicroFocus Network Node Manager (NNM), Operations Manager (OM), Operations Agent (OA), SiteScope (SIS), Reporter, Network Automation (NA) and Cloud Optimizer (CO), InMon Traffic Sentinel, and BMC Configuration Automation for Networks
- Includes the duties associated with analyzing system requirements for monitoring the health of the tools, troubleshooting tools problems, adjusting thresholds, making required configuration changes, adding or deleting nodes/accounts/profiles, and monitoring tables/events/logs/maps
- Strong experience in conducting site surveys, developing design packages, test packages, and configuration documentation
- Solid experience with Brocade, Cisco and Juniper network routers and switches is desired
- Experience in administering COTS monitoring tools is required
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Ability to identify trends and drive key metrics
- Ability to make correct data-driven judgments
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task and priorities for operational deliverables
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot using Window server logs, monitoring and network analysis tools
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Community
- Experience in Linux or Windows server administration is highly desired
- Past military experience desired
- Bachelor’s Degree plus ten years of related experience is required. Five years of additional engineering experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Requires active TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain poly
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com