ETL Data Flow / ETL Subject Matter Expert 1295 | Wahiawa, 96786, Wahiawa, HI, US
Are you a seasoned data engineering professional with a desire to apply your expertise in a picturesque paradise while making a meaningful difference? Do you have what it takes to join our critical mission at Camp Smith, Hawaii? If you have a TS/SCI clearance, 5 years of experience in ETL, and 12 years of experience in data engineering, then we have the perfect challenging opportunity for you!
YOUR MISSION will be to support US Military operations in the US Indo-Pacific region, a strategic U.S. focus for the next decade and probably beyond.
Our company motto, "Saving Lives," drives everything we do. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Flow / ETL Subject Matter Expert with a passion for using their talents to make a tangible impact on the world. In this full-time on-site position, you will take the lead in driving data strategy, optimizing data pipelines, and shaping the future of data-driven decision-making for our customer and United States Indo-Pacific Command.
As a crucial member of our dynamic, innovative team, you have the chance to leverage your extensive experience and expertise to unlock the hidden insights within data and help save lives. Embrace the opportunity to live and to work in the breathtaking setting of Camp Smith, Hawaii, while contributing to our life-saving mission. Say yes to your dream job and apply today! Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Proficiency in working with data integration tools required. Apache NiFi (formerly Niagara Files) strongly desired. Will be required to learn Apache NiFi if not already in your toolset — should be an easy tool to become quickly proficient within.
- Strong programming and scripting skills in languages such as Python, Java, or Scala. Expertise in Linux and Windows scripting.
- Solid understanding of data modeling, schema design, and relational and NoSQL databases, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, or Cassandra.
- Proficiency in query development, optimization, and performance tuning in SQL and NoSQL environments.
- Familiarity with data warehousing, data lakes, and various data storage technologies. Will be expected to explore and to quickly adapt for use of new technologies and data engineering tools.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with experience working in cross-functional teams and providing technical support to customers.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining scalable, distributed data processing systems using tools such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, or Flink.
- Agile experience with frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, or Lean.
- Proficiency with source control tools like Bitbucket, Git, or GitHub and familiarity with branching, merging, and pull requests.
- Knowledge of the SDLC and experience with different phases of the lifecycle such as requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- SME experience in Data Engineering or equivalent discipline for designing, developing, and maintaining data pipelines.
- Strong Familiarity with Regular Expression (REGEX). Experience with strategic-level intelligence community (IC) processes and ability to provide insights and recommendations based on data.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills for managing multiple tasks and ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 12 years of which 5+ years of experience are in data engineering with a focus on ETL/ELT and data pipeline development.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Travel up to 20%
Requires a current TS/SCI with CI Polygraph, or willingness to take and successfully pass a polygraph. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com