Information Technology | Fort Drum , NY , US
Zapata Technology is actively seeking a Field Service Analyst-Journeyman in Ft. Drum, NY. This role will leverage the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS). AFATDS is an automated FSC2 system that processes, analyzes, and exchanges combat information among the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and other Joint architectures. AFATDS provides fully automated support for planning, coordinating, controlling, and executing fires and effects. It supports weapon systems such as mortars, field artillery cannons, rockets and missiles, close air support, attack aviation, and naval surface fire support systems
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smart books
- Performs routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions
- Performs analysis of system operations
- Must be available for assignment to OCONUS site. Generate customer related reports from multiple sources, for example Daily Activity Reports, Trip Requests and Trip Reports
- Provides over – the – shoulder technical assistance upon request
- Ensure all incidents are posted in the Incident Reporting Module within the SIF; Interact with the customer on a daily basis. Distribute software updates. Support and assist as needed with hardware upgrades
- Must be capable of performing routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions and must knowledge of, and is capable of using, operating systems and database management systems.
- Performs analysis of system operations and perform fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
- Must poses excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent written and verbal skills.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Certified in AFATDS
- With BA/BS minimum 3 years experience using AFATDS and AFATDS Family of systems.
- Without BA/BS minimum 6 years experience using AFATDS and AFATDS Family of systems.
- Security + CE certification IA Level II.
- Must be comfortable interacting with all military ranks from the newest soldier to the experienced leader. Other computer certifications i.e. A+, Network +, Server+, CCNA etc.
- Should have good interpersonal skills to interact with team members and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
- Ability to use MS Office
- Interpersonal and People Skills
- Ability to use PC
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Multi-Tasking Abilitys
- ABCS Family of Systems Familiarity
- Tactical Internet and Mission Command System Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming, Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline with 3 years of experience.
- Or, additional 3 years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
Must be available for assignment to various CONUS/OCONUS sites for extended terms
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com