Information Technology | San Antonio , TX , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a skilled cleared Field Service Analyst to join our team. This opportunity is in Fort Sam Houston, Texas. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
This position will perform duties supporting the Army in a worldwide military operations program to help integrate the most advanced technologies.
- Installs, configures, and maintains RedHat Enterprise Linux servers and associated applications, scripts, and adapters.
- Maintains full mission operational capability for the DIB server segment by ensuring all federated sources and adapters are functioning properly.
- Performs automated and manual checks of all servers to ensure compliance with DoD IAVA and other IA requirements.
- Performs system patching as necessary based upon approved patches provided by PMO release management.
- Performs and tests system backups to ensure the availability of current images and system configuration files to perform a system recovery should the need arise.
- Provides system status updates to the leadership to establish and maintain a timely system status tracking mechanism.
- Performs daily check of all servers to detect any system anomalies. This requires visually reviewing server logs on a weekly basis.
- Provides system change requests to the DIB PMO and the factory to address system anomalies. Problems should be identified and relayed to the factory in a timely manner.
- Assist in the generation of PM DCGS-A and SEC System Problem Reports to effect site specific and/or global change based upon customer requirements.
- Maintains communications with and coordinates with Factory Engineers to debug identified problems.
- Tests different data type DAO periodically to ensure all adapters are working properly
- Reviews ingested data to verify that adapters are not missing data. This includes running the automated scripts and utilities, keeping the assigned adapters up to date with source databases and systems.
- Perform required adapter maintenance such as renewing adapter passwords.
- Tests connections to other DIBs, works with other DIB FSEs if anything is noticed to be wrong.
- Maintains federated access with all nodes. This has an added benefit of providing 24 hour support worldwide.
- Attend weekly meetings and provide on demand briefings as required by local customers.
- Provides desk side overviews and right seat user training as required.
- Provides weekly status summary to the factory PMO team that covers highlights for the week and issues that need to be resolved.
- Updates Status in the Raytheon tracking system to include both federation status and ingest status.
- Reviews and becomes knowledgeable of the mission of each cell in the ACE and determines how the DIB can be used effectively to support their mission requirements.
- Trains users how to use the system to do their jobs in a quicker, more efficient and consistent manner.
- Engage with users on a regular basis to elicit feedback and ensure there aren’t any questions or problems that need to be addressed.
- Record user suggestions in Change Request or submit to the DIB PMO and factory DCGS-Army ERB.
- Researches local data sources for which the customer may need adapters written.
- Uses SITH framework to write adapters on site when possible.
- Provides information back to the DIB PMO and factory for adapters that cannot be written on site.
- Provide remote support for other Army Fixed sites to cover outages.
- Attends regularly scheduled FSE telecons
- Supports DCGS-A Intelligence Fusion System (IFS) Meta Data Catalog (MDC) servers on the Deployable DIBs as needed.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Comptia Security + CE and a one of the below listed Minimum CE:
- Server +
- Linux +
- RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Oracle Certified Associate (Java)
- Oracle Certified Associate (Oracle 10g/11g)
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- DCGS-A V3.1.x or V3.2.x IFS administration experience.
- Intelligence software applications such as ArcGIS suite, Analyst Notebook, QueryTree, Distributed Integration Backbone (DIB).
- Oracle Databases, Oracle RAC, and Oracle client installation/configuration
- SQL and PL/SQL syntax
- JAVA and/or XML script creation
- Maintaining virtual machine servers in a provided VMware Environment.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science preferred. *4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in the DOD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies, with field level experience preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree paired with three years of relative experience OR six total years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Requires TS/SCI clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com