Information Technology | San Antonio , TX , US
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here: https://www.zapatatechnology.com/careers/external-referral-program/)
Zapata Technology is seeking a cleared Senior Field Service Analyst-SL in Fort Sam Houston, TX.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
Job Essential Functions:
- This position will perform duties supporting the Army in a worldwide military operations program to help integrate the most advanced technologies.
- Provide technical support for computer hardware and software, networks, system administration and implementation of new equipment.
- Perform baseline software load of new computers, replacement computers and configure for customer use.
- Perform administration of active directory including creating and updating computer accounts.
- Replace, install, test and maintain MFWS client hardware for various operating systems and networks.
- Provide training to military technical support personnel on the different techniques for software installation, troubleshooting and repairing problems on MS operating systems via phone, remotely or in person.
- Ensures all DCGS-A MFWS are fully functional on a daily basis through preventative maintenance, monitoring, and anomaly resolution.
- Performs applicable scans and manual checks to ensure applications and software are in compliance with Army mandate IAVA requirements
- Performs baseline operating system and application patching as directed through Configuration management/Release management activities on DCGS-A V3 client systems.
- Provides assistance for all systems that may be integrated on the MFWS regardless of the Program of Record and contract that the systems may fall under. Ensures FSR for select POR client systems are notified if a defect is noted.
- Assist in ensuring local Intelligence Electronic Warfare (IEW) technicians are educated on the physical configuration of the DCGS-A MFWS enabling them to perform educated troubleshooting actions with regard to the interoperable component of the MFWS.
- Assist local IEW logistics personnel in maintaining accountability for installation, upgrade, and turn in materials pertaining to the DCGS-A MFWS. May be required to move equipment and document locations based on guidance from the customer.
- Provides input to local IEW management to establish and maintain an MFWS status tracking mechanism. This Mechanism will allow for accurate status information per MFWS within the customer site.
- Maintains elevate user rights privileges in order to assist other POR FSR and IEW technical personnel in joining systems to the applicable domains.
- Assist the site Release manager in maintaining a repository for all software that is utilized on the MFWS.
- Assist the site Release manager in maintaining a repository of applicable system images. This repository at a minimum will have an image built upon the latest version of software approved for customer release and an image built from the previously approved and release baseline.
- May be required to provide limited hardware support if no software issues are pending or on a case by case basis as directed by the site sustainment manager. This action is not included in the MFWS FSR statement of work (SOW) but is expected on a daily basis to ensure mission success.
- Provides guidance and MFWS operations support to the following POR FSRs; BATS, FUSION Brain, DIB, IEC, DTW, ACE BLK II, and Single Source.
Job Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Your ability to meet all requirements and conditions to fulfill and maintain deployment status.
- Your ability to travel and accept temporary assignments at other locations (CONUS and/or OCONUS)
- Comptia Security+ CE and at least one of the below listed Minimum or Preferred Computing Environment Certifications
Minimum Computing Environment:
- Server +
Preferred Computing Environment(s):
- Microsoft Certified System Adminsitrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (Clients)70-680
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (Server): 70-642 or 70-643
- Ability to travel 25-30%
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- DCGS-A V3.x administration
- Microsoft Windows 7 and/or 10 administration
- General computer cabling concepts and techniques
- Video display resolution configuration
- Client system imaging/configuration via Ghost cast server
- Active Directory structure and object management
- A Bachelor’s degree paired with five years of relative experience OR In lieu of a degree, 9 years relative experience
- Requires TS/SCI clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com