Field Service Analyst | Honolulu, 96813, Honolulu, HI, US
Zapata Technology seeks a cleared person holding aa active TS/SCI clearance to become a Field Service Analyst in Fort Shafter, HI . This position will perform duties such as initializing, placing into operation, and troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this system. This position will support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM), Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC), Software Engineering Center (SEC), and the Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Performs routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions.
- Has knowledge of, and is capable of using, operating systems and database management systems.
- Performs analysis of system operations.
- Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
- Must be available for assignment to OCONUS site. Generate customer related reports from multiple sources, for example Daily Activity Reports, Trip Requests, Trip Reports.
- Provides technical assistance upon request
- Ensure all incidents are posted in the Incident Reporting Module within the SIF; Interact with the customer on a daily basis.
- Distribute software updates. Support and assist as needed with hardware upgrades.
- Must be capable of performing routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions and must have knowledge of, and is capable of using, operating systems and database management systems.
- You will also perform analysis of system operations and perform fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent written and verbal skills.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum CE: Server +
- IAT Level II
- Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smart books.
- Install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance and its applicable database server/services.
- Install and configure DCGS-A systems which include GWS, IFS,CDSS, and P-MFWS.
- Knowledge of DCGS-A setup and installation
- Install configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the environment.
- Create virtual machines in support of POR system fielding, integration, and/or expansion.
- Create, configure, and maintain resource clusters ensuring an efficient and balanced environment for all tenant POR systems.
- Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to the system storage environment.
- Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes.
- Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of industry best practices and methods.
- Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system administrators.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
- Provide routine status updates to organizational leadership.
- Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources.
- Performs remote administration to secondary sites as assigned.
- Provides adhoc support to tenant POR server administrators.
- May be required to perform routing server management functions for servers located in the Management servers’ group of the Fixed Site Server Segment. Primary responsibility will be for the vCenter Server.
- May be required to Work as Tier, I II and III Support.
- Your ability to meet all requirements and conditions to fulfill and maintain deployment status
- Your ability to travel and accept temporary assignments at other locations (CONUS and/or OCONUS)
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Any other DCGS-A systems administration experience.
- Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty, cygwin, etc….
- Experience utilizing vClient application to access enterprise assets.
- Experience creating and managing virtual machines
- Experience performing IAVA, OS, and application patching/updates
- Experience working in a fast-paced multi-faceted environment preferred.
- Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management applications preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principals including TCP/IP and DNS.
- Experience integrating with Symantec NetBackup solutions desired.
- Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other national level agency preferred.
A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably technical, and 3 years of relevant experience is required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
This position may require some travel to Continental US (CONUS) and Outside CONUS (OCONUS).
Requires an active TS/SCI clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.