FPGA Hardware Design Engineer | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI with poly security clearance to become an FPGA Hardware Design Engineer in the Annapolis Junction, Maryland area. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Provide subject matter expertise to those involved with the planning, acquisition and integration of new technologies procured and incorporated by the Government.
- Research, assess and report on targeted advanced microelectronic technologies, to include Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA), Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC) and embedded FPGAs to determine their potential benefits to the Government as well as the costs and challenges of importing and integrating those technologies into a practical design and manufacturing process.
- Research microelectronic industry technology advances and trends, prepare and report findings, and make recommendations to Government decision makers.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have the ability to provide technical subject matter expertise on the microelectronics development lifecycle vulnerabilities and develop mitigations, best practices, and technical solutions for integration into DoD and BWBT customer systems.
- Must possess the ability to apply subject matter expertise to microelectronic design capabilities and assess the practicality of incorporating new technologies into the Government’s design and manufacturing process.
- Must display extensive knowledge/experience in hardware design engineering and in integrated circuit or microelectronic component design or reverse engineering.
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university paired with twelve (12) years’ experience as a Hardware Design Engineer in integrated circuit or microelectronic component design or reverse engineering is required. Five (5) years of additional hardware design engineering may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI with poly security clearance. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.