Front-end Engineer – TS/SCI (339) | Columbia, 21046, Columbia, MD, Columbia, MD, US
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here):
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a Front-End Engineer for a new program in the Columbia, MD area. The front-end engineer will be working on -site for our government customer this must hold an active TS/SCI security clearance. The Front-End Engineer has responsibilities mainly in the areas of creating, maintaining, and enhancing multiple interfaces for our CASCADE non-commercial baseline. In this role the candidate will work with the end users, developers, and engineers to ensure that the interfaces are developed for various attribute and role-based models. He or she should understand the importance of code efficiency and integrity in terms of both robustness and security. Our team includes some of the most capable engineers and staff in the industry and we hope to add you to our project. Documentation and clear communication are key in this role.Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
The candidate will be responsible for working with the development team to ensure accessibility for all users by developing a front end that functions across browsers, platforms, and devices while meeting accessibility and security requirements
- Support solution development and integration across the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Problem solve and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Identify efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports which include analysis of alternative and user QuickStart documents
- Troubleshoot customer reported issues in applications and provide support
- Engage in quality assurance testing with an emphasis on troubleshooting cross browser client issues
Job Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Graph Databases
- Experience with Python and React
- Detail oriented
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience working with containers
- Familiarity with Git and Jira or other version control and issue tracking software
- Able to multi-task and prioritize open issues/ tickets accordingly
- Problem solving skills and ability to review information and compile data appropriately as needed
- Experience with object-oriented design, service-oriented application development, and event-driven architecture
- Experience with No-SQL databases, including Neo4j or MongoDB
- Experience with using multiple back-end languages, including C#, Java, Python, or PHP
- Experience with creating technical design specifications or UML diagrams
- Knowledge of web servers, including Apache, IIS, or Nginx
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Customer facing attitude and strong understanding of project management
- Strong understanding of Military and IC networks
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- 5 years of documentation experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or other related technical fields required,
OR 4 Years of related experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree for a total of 9 years experience
Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead waist level from floor), bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; frequently fast paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with end-users. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time
- Up to 10%
- Requires TS/SCI clearance.
***This position is contingent upon program start in 4Q 2020.***
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.