Hardware Design Technician (1234) | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Hardware Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Provide hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues.
- Procure and perform acceptance testing on equipment.
- Provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial.
- Deploy, install, and implement hardware.
- Prepare specs for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements.
- Prepare engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages and conduct site surveys.
- Organize and direct hardware installations.
- Configure computers, networking devices and various equipment.
- Prepare site installation and test reports.
- Ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions.
- Prepare reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies.
- Provide specific input to the hardware components.
- Train site personnel in proper use of hardware.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Analyze hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors.
- Experiences with solving problems with operational hardware.
- Ability to prepare installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Ability to develop hardware installation schedules based upon set-up, integration, and test timelines
- Ability to recommend specifications for hardware acquisitions.
- Three (3) years experience as a HDE in integrated circuit or microelectronic component design or reverse engineering of the same is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional hardware design engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Use of standard office equipment such as scanners and printers, phones, and laptops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Clearance Requirement and Background screening:
Employment is contingent on maintaining the required TS/SCI clearance with polygraph, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans