IA Specialist (1140) | San Antonio, 78205, San Antonio Texas, San Antonio, TX, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance to become Information Assurance Specialist in Ft. Sam Houston, TX. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The IA Specialist will participate in the development or modification of DCGS-A security program plans and requirements
- Will be responsible for collection and maintenance of information needed to meet system IA reporting requirements.
- Will recommend resource allocations required to securely operate and maintain system IA requirements.
- Will be responsible for assisting government personnel in identifying security programs implications of new technologies or technology upgrades.
- Will be responsible for assisting government personnel in creating and analyzing IA policies.
- Will be required to assist government personnel in developing system security configuration guidelines for DCGS-A.
- Ensure testing of 1/3 of “local” IA controls annually and ensure compliance/non-compliance results are documented in SSAA/SSP and POA&M.
- Must review the selected security safeguards to determine if security concerns identified in the DCGS-A system POA&M and SSP have been fully addressed.
- Will be responsible for reporting security violations and incidents through your site and region government IAM/IASO to the servicing RCERT in accordance with Section VIII, Incident and Intrusion Reporting.
- Assists the government in the preparation of DIACAP paperwork for SIPRnet and Collation accreditations.
- Assists the government in the preparation of Short Form SSAAs for JWICS accreditations.
- Assists the government in Information Assurance awareness training and education.
- Educates task order personnel on required Information Assurance process to maintain system accreditation.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging Federal, Department of Defense (DoD), and Army requirements, policies, regulations, and trends.
- Maintain knowledge of information vulnerabilities and trends.
- Collaborate effectively with the customer, CECOM SEC and other project team members.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidate must have supervision experience and may lead a team and/or less senior staff.
- Must display knowledge of DoD IT organizations and responsibilities.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to analyze an organizations internal and external IA processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Must have the ability to author official IA correspondence, IA guides, and plan of action and milestone (POA&M).
- Must have the experience and ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Department of Defense Information Technology operating environment.
- Must show the ability to brief organizational leadership on technical issues in a non-technical format.
- Must have the ability to analyze an organizations business processes and develop material and non-material solution to implement applicable DoDI 8500.2 IA controls.
- Must have the ability to perform independent or collaborative research on solutions for IA requirements.
- Must have the ability to assess current IA capabilities against future requirements and provide a strategy to close any capability gap.
- Must have the knowledge to research IA regulatory compliance requirements and tools for IA requirements.
- Must provide recommendations and strategies for material and/or non-material solutions to improve the system and/or organizational IA posture.
- Must have the skill to maintain an IA Specialist continuity book for their location
- Candidate must hold CISSP or CISM Certification
- Candidate must understand and apply sound Information Assurance principles and methodology to all work
Preferred Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience building formal accreditation/certification packages for DoD Intelligence support systems.
- Experience performing IA functions in a DoD operational environment or other national level agency environment.
This position may require travel up to 50% of the time
- 3 years of experience and a bachelor’s degree, Computer Science preferred
- 6 total years of relevant experience in lieu of
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.