Information Technology | Pyeongtaek , Gyeonggi-do , KR
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here: https://www.zapatatechnology.com/careers/external-referral-program/)
Zapata Technology is seeking a DCGS-A MFixed Field Service Analyst in Camp Humphreys, Korea. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Field Service Technician will perform duties such routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions. Has knowledge of, and is capable of using, operating systems and database management systems. Performs analysis of system operations. Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices. Must be available for assignment to various CONUS/OCONUS sites for extended terms. Military experience is highly desirable. Completion of a U.S. Military Service Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) or Senior NCO Academy Course and/or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is desirable
- DCGS-A Mobile Field Service Analyst Journeyman will perform duties as a Field Service Analyst (FSA) for initializing, placing into operation, and troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this system. This position will support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations.
- Experience managing vCenter server datacenters and inventory objects required.
- 3+ years’ Experience as a mid-level Server operating system environment administrator required.
- Linux, Windows Server, or Solaris operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of VMware storage configuration required. Experience/knowledge with utilizing SAN based storage preferred.
- Experience planning and configuring resource management and high availability clusters required
- Must have Security+
Feed Pipe Segment
- Feedpipe development
- Gather ingestion requirements for new data sources and develop new Feedpipe code to harvest new data.
- Perform quality control measures to ensure data consistency and reliability.
- Performs JAVA/XML programming to ingest XML, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PDF, and other data types based upon direct database connections.
- Modify and improve ingestion process and develop improvements to incorporate into future software releases.
- Data management
- Perform various data management techniques to verify all data sources are processing data.
- Identify static and dynamic sources.
- Work with other team members and system engineers to replicate data to various replication sites.
- Web development
System Administrator Segment
- Configure LDAP and maintain DCGS-A accounts and resolves any DCGS-A account related issues.
- Install Microsoft Windows server software, patching, upgrading and maintenance.
- Install, upgrade and perform maintenance of server hardware components as per requirements.
- Responsible for backup and disaster recovery of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Install, maintain and configure DNS Servers and maintain host configuration.
- Perform daily checks on DCGS-A applications and tools and resolve any errors to ensure availability.
- Monitor and configure Safe move data replication.
SAN/LAN Network Engineer
- Install, configure, and maintain site customer’s LAN and SAN network devices.
- Install, configure, and maintain Cisco 6500/4500/3800/3700 series switches and routers
- Install, configure, and maintain Cisco MDS series SAN fabric switches.
- Employ network management expertise in the area of fault management, configuration management, performance management, and security management
- Responsible for the daily operations, maintenance, and 100% functionality of LAN/WAN support equipment.
- Coordinates with local network authority to ensure all routers/switches are in compliance with local security policy and configuration standards.
Multi-Function Workstation Support
- Provide technical support for computer hardware and software, networks, system administration and implementation of new equipment.
- Perform baseline software load of new computers, replacement computers and configure for customer use.
- Perform administration of active directory including creating and updating computer accounts.
- Replace, install, test and maintain MFWS client hardware for various operating systems and networks.
- Provide training to military technical support personnel on the different techniques for software installation, troubleshooting and repairing problems on MS operating systems via phone, remotely or in person.
- Ensures full mission capability for the Imagery Exploitation Capability which includes the NGA IEC server segment, DF-IPL server segment, Product IPL server segment, and IESS server segment.
- Ensures full mission capability of the assigned Full Motion Video Capability deployed to customer site. This capability may be the Multimedia Analysis and Archive System (MAAS) servers and client systems or the video Processing Capability (VPC). Sustainment of the capability includes the inbound circuit path and audio/video distribution equipment associated with the analyst workspace.
- Ensures full mission capability of all assigned IEC client workstations and full motion Video capability client workstations deployed onto DCGS-A MFWS on site.
- Reviews server directories ensuring they are not becoming full with log data
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smart books.
- Install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance and its applicable database server/services.
- Install and configure DCGS-A systems which include GWS, IFS,CDSS, ACE BLK II and P-MFWS.
- Knowledge of DCGS-A setup and installation
- Knowledge of Oracle database administration
- Install, configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the environment.
- Create virtual machines in support of POR system fielding, integration, and/or expansion.
- Create, configure, and maintain resource clusters ensuring an efficient and balanced environment for all tenant POR systems.
- Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to the system storage environment.
- Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes.
- Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of industry best practices and methods.
- Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system administrators.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
- Provide routine status updates to organizational leadership.
- Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources.
- Performs remote administration to secondary sites as assigned.
- Provides adhoc support to tenant POR server administrators.
- May be required to perform routing server management functions for servers located in the Management servers group of the Fixed Site Server Segment. Primary responsibility will be for the vCenter Server.
- May be required to Work as Teir, I II and III Support.
- Your ability to meet all requirements and conditions to fulfill and maintain deployment statusYour ability to travel and accept temporary assignments at other locations (CONUS and/or OCONUS)
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Any other DCGS-A systems administration experience.
- Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty, cygwin, etc….
- Experience utilizing vClient applications to access enterprise assets.
- Experience creating and managing virtual machines
- Experience performing IAVA, OS, and application patching/updates
- Experience working in a fast past multifaceted environment is preferred.
- Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management applications preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principles including TCP/IP and DNS.
- Experience integrating with Symantec Netbackup solutions desired.
- Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other national level agency preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline with 3 years experience in performing similar or related work is required
- Or 6 years of applicable experience total with no degree
- Requires TS/SCI clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com