Information Assurance Specialist (1150) | Augusta, 30901, Augusta, Augusta, GA, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance to become an Information Assurance Specialist in the Augusta, GA area. The Information Assurance Specialist is to provide system and software support in administration, server support, policy and documentation, and compliance areas. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Report on the system FSE's compliance with the DCGS-A vulnerability management process that includes the systematic identification and mitigation of software and hardware vulnerabilities for each DCGS-A system under their control.
- Provide system and server support in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Advise the government/Unit on monitoring system performance, IA security, privacy requirements and system security configuration guidelines within the DCGS-A environment.
- Recommend resource allocations required to securely operate and maintain system IA requirements.
- Assist government personnel in identifying security program implications of new technologies or technology updates.
- Manage scanning schedules and POAM updates for systems. Ability to scan a system and update a POAM as required.
- Assist government personnel in developing system security configuration guidelines for DCGS-A.
- Report security violations and incidents through your site and region government IAM/IASO to the servicing RCERT in accordance with Section VIII, Incident, and Intrusion Reporting.
- Assist the government in Information Assurance process to maintain system accreditation.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging Federal, Department of Defense (DoD), and Army requirements, policies, regulations, and trends.
- Collaborate effectively with the Customer, CECOM SEC and other project team leaders.
- Understand and apply sound Information Assurance principles and methodology to all work.
- May lead a team and/or less senior staff.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience with scripting.
- Knowledge of RMF support.
- Knowledge of information vulnerabilities and trends.
- Higher-level security certifications (CISSP or CISM) are required.
- DOD 8570.01-M IAM LEVEL II certification required. CISSP is preferred.
- Experience with ACAS.
- Experience with HBSS.
- Must be able to interpret and implement security policies, provide guidance, oversight, and assistance to personnel.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Risk management framework RMF ICD503 experience.
- Military experience is highly desirable. Completion of a U.S. Military Service Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) or Senior NCO Academy Course and/or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is desirable.
- Experience in operating and/or working within the DoD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies with field level experience preferred.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related technical discipline plus 5 years’ experience. Or, 9 years of applicable experience can be substituted for a degree for a Senior/Lead role.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.