Information System Security Officer 1275 | Aberdeen Proving Ground, 21005, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, US
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all ISSO duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for the Information System (IS) on multiple security domains and classification.
- Develop, review, evaluate and verify self-testing results to validate enclave security requirements.
- Perform validation steps, comparing actual results with expected results and analyze the differences to identify impact and risks and resolve issues.
- Ensure Army IS cybersecurity-related documentation is current and accessible.
- Prepare, distribute, and maintain plans, instructions, and SOPs concerning system security.
- Prepare and maintain Risk Management Framework (RMF) system accreditation Body of Evidence (BOE) packages using the eMASS, XACTA or approved A&A tool.
- Provide over the shoulder training to personnel on the function of the systems and critical cyber areas.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH or CCSP certified
- Experience with implementation of DOD-I-8500, DOD-I-8510, ICD 503, NIST 800-53, CNSSI 1253, Army AR 25-2, and RMF security control requirements.
- Able to provide technical direction, interpretation and alternatives for security control compliance.
- Direct experience with eMASS, XACTA or other A&A repositories required.
- Proficient in primary operating system(s) of ISs undergoing security testing.
- Technical experience and certification in one or more of the following areas: windows environments, Linux, networking, containers/ virtualization, DevSecOps, or database administration
- Familiar with NCDSMO National Cross Domain Services Management Office), TSABI (Top Secret SCI and Below Interoperability) and SABI (Secret and Below Interoperability) information assurance/cybersecurity requirements.
- Master’s degree and eight (8) years direct related experience
- Or bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years direct related experience
- Long periods of sitting, working at a desk, using office equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time
Must be willing to travel, 50% or more.
Requires a TS/SCI with CI poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com