JADOCS Field Service Analyst (1110) | Wahiawa, 96786, Ft. Shafter, HI, Wahiawa, HI, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance to become a JADOCS Field Service Analyst in Schofield Barracks, HI. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
Joint Automated Deep Operations System (JADOCS) is a command and system tool that helps provide strategic coordination and situational awareness at the operational and tactical levels of combat. The system provided real-time tracks, target databases and service-specific fires information into a single software application.
- The Field Service Analyst will interface JADOCS to external C4I systems.
- Will apply hardware and software updates and patches.
- Maintain and keep Servers in compliance to Defense Information System Agency (DISA) security standards.
- Provide system administration.
- Respond to service outages and user trouble tickets.
- Provide support for various JADOCS network configurations.
- Setup and verify that interfaces are working and properly configured.
- Monitor system performance.
- Maintain knowledge of other C4I systems for interface control.
- Assist units with exercise and operational planning and support.
- Provide critical input into accreditation documentation.
- Assist units to facilitate and develop JADOCS procedures into Joint Fires & Effects integration
- Assist in Joint-Targeting Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures (TTP) development.
- Ensure JADOCS system is high state of readiness to include cyber security assurance.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports, travel requests, trip reports, and After-Action Reports as required.
- Implement and operate JADOCS at designated site(s) – Install, configure and maintain JADOCS server(s) & workstations.
- Ensure JADOCS Server(s) and/or workstations are Information Assurance (IA) / Cyber Security compliant
- Coordinate with users, communication systems, network, and C4I application SMEs to resolve computer software and hardware problems.
- Teach basic user or enhancement training on an as needed basis and conduct collective training prior to joint-level exercises.
- Backup JADOCS data
- Conduct over-the-shoulder training.
- Be able to develop JADOCS quick start guides and handbooks to assist in JADOCS-user operations.
- Be able to provide briefings and give demonstrations.
- Provide support for general Microsoft Operating System and Network administration and troubleshooting.
- Provide support as needed to the deployment of JADOCS on both FAT-Client and Virtual Client architecture/network.
- Provide JADOCS guidance to JADOCS users for the development of Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures (TTPs) and/or Concept of Operations (CONOPs) of JADOCS procedures in the execution of Joint Dynamic Targeting
- Provide Help Desk support to customers via unit’s trouble ticket measures for onsite support; provide Help Desk services to remote customers using email and telephone.
- Instruct basic and recurring user training to US Armed Forces personnel per unit’s training program or by request to ensure continuity of operations.
- Develop briefings and/or training materials to enhance JADOCS user’s understanding and increase proficiency.
- Provide system administration training to A6/N6/G6/S6 Information Technicians/System Administrators to ensure continuity of operations at remote or non-assigned JADOCS FSE support locations.
- Support JADOCS at CONUS and OCONUS locations worldwide and aboard ships during daily operations, exercises, contingencies, deployments, humanitarian assistance or disaster relief missions, and other operations as required.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- The JADOCS Field Service Technician must be capable of performing analysis of system operations.
- Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components.
- Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components.
- Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools.
- Certifications for Security + IAT Level II and windows 7 computing environments are REQUIRED.
- Current Security+ Certification with current CE
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be Deployable
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
- Ability to use MS Office
- Interpersonal and People Skills
- Ability to use PC
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Multi-Tasking Abilities
- 3 years of experience and a bachelor's degree, Computer Science preferred
- 6 years total experience, in lieu of a degree.
- Three(3) or more years of JADOCS experience, solving and analyzing system/software issues in the functional area to which assigned.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.