JBC-P Field Service Technician | Fort Drum, 13602, Fort Drum, NY, US
Zapata Technology is seeking a JBC-P Filed Service Technician to join our team in the Ft. Drum, NY area. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- JBC-P is the next iteration of FBCB2 and utilizes many different networking technologies such as IP radio, satellite, and LAN/WAN.
- The Joint Battle Command-Platform (JBC-P) Field Service Technician will support the Warfighter worldwide for garrison, exercise, combat operations and contingencies.
- The Field Service Technician shall support pre-deployment exercises with field software sustainment, over the shoulder technical assistance, providing on-site diagnostic and corrective actions, and capturing and reporting requirements.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Subject Matter Expert on all FBCB2 (EPLRS & BFT) in order to provide Commanders and Staff recommendations on how to best leverage FBCB2 systems to meet their operational needs.
- Attend C6/G6/S6 Shift change briefing, and participate C6/G6/S6 conference calls to identify issues with FBCB2/BFT system outlying sites.
- Mentoring and advanced technical training for 25Us, 74Bs and 94Bs on capabilities, fault isolation, and repair procedures
- Assist S6/S4/SSA on replacement LRUs and or entire platform replacement procedures.
- Works in concert with SSA and CECOM LARS to ensure faulty LRUs are processed and replaced thru the standard army supply system.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring of 25Us for uninstall and install of system from like platform to like platform.
- Assists the S4/G4/PBO during Fielding of new equipment.
- Ensures all FBCB2 (EPLRS & BFT) equipment are operational and properly accounted for
- Assistance on developing SOPs for maintaining and tracking replacement parts, cables and equipment turned in for repair.
- Provides advanced technical training to ensure fault verification
- Tracks status of all FBCB2 systems and works with unit thru S-4 / G-4 to ensure parts are validated on order to rectify deficiencies.
- Provide training/troubleshoot of UPPER TI platforms (AIC/IV4TIMS) and be able to explain role functionality/effect on FBCB2 network
- Provide input on CSMA Server placement.
- Maintain Master hard drive, when new software is fielded, check hard drive to ensure all maps are loaded that your unit require, before mass hard drive burn.
- Ensure all hard drives are properly labeled before issuing
- Ensure that all MT 2011's are properly reported when installed and gain access to the BFT network.
Shall have a minimum of five years of technical experience paired with a Bachelor’s Degree.
May be requested to work outside of normal business hours.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on the computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position may require a 20% or greater travel requirement to Continental US (CONUS) and Outside CONUS (OCONUS).
Requires an Active SECRET clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.