Information Technology | Annapolis Junction , MD , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a motivated Land Mobile Radio Technician to provide unparalleled support to our customers.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Repair equipment that has become defective through normal wear and usage (e.g., broken knobs, cracked screens and cases; if a device electronically fails, send to the factory for repair or replacement).
- Provide maintenance and support for the encryption system program including the repair and replacement of encryption modules in fixed, mobile and portable LMR or other wireless devices.
- Perform installation and removal services for LMR Integrated Control Head and associated Public Safety Response Equipment, Global Positioning System Equipment, Mobile Computer Terminal, Cellular, Satellite-based systems, VoIP and other IP-based communications systems.
- Provide on-site support at remote/alternate sites while equipment is being installed, for on-site testing and maintenance, or provide support for exercises or contingency operations.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document user incidents regarding mobile equipment and services.
- Maintain and equipment check-out/check-in system for short-term assignments of mobile devices.
- Ensure all mobile devices are always current and ready for immediate deployment.
- Track the status and location for all issued mobile equipment and ensure equipment issued for short-term use is returned within agreed-upon timeframes.
- Manage and maintain mobile device solution programs IAW Government processes/procedures.
- Manage and administer mobile devices; for example, provision devices (add/activate) and make configuration changes based on IT security policies (i.e. STIGS).
- Assist end users with operational support; troubleshooting usage/connectivity issues; service and incident status; and alert end users to carrier, server, and other outages affecting mobile communications.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- 5 Years of demonstrated experience of installation and maintenance to sustain Land Mobile Radio devices, systems, and infrastructure.
- Must meet IAT II 8570 Compliance requirements (Security + CE)
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field OR possess the equivalent work experience and training.
Requires an active TS/SCI clearance with SSBI within 5 years to be considered and must obtain and maintain a FS polygraph.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com