Information Technology | Springfield , VA , US
Zapata Technology is seeking an Linux Cloud Engineer that will be responsible for working with highly functional development teams to help developing and automating service deployments, optimizing deployments and performance, integration with enterprise authentication services, and establishing/improving system monitoring while maintaining established security protocols within development, test and production systems.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Architect, build and maintain on premise and/or cloud infrastructure to support team and customer initiatives.
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure (build out autoscaling, support new services, optimize for cost efficiencies/authentication/search, etc).
- Administer production, staging and development environments.
- Manage and aggregate server logs and monitor for security and system related incidents.
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as server load and resource usage.
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes using CI/CD tools.
- Apply configuration management disciplines to maintain software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation.
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability, and drive security initiatives, like access control and vulnerability testing.
- Work with A&A Teams to maintain security requirements for operation of systems.
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations.
- Work with other service providers to support areas of common interest.
- On-call support may be required.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Experience working within Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS.
- Strong Understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes.
- Experience with GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, and other DevOps/Continuous Integration tools.
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools (i.e. SALT, Chef, etc).
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Azure.
- Experience with Python framework and Shell scripting.
- Knowledge of network technologies, common infrastructure components, load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Experience building Amazon EC2 instances and S3 buckets for development, test, and production environments.
- Experience working with API Management tools (APIGEE, Kong, etc).
- Experience working closely with software development teams.
- Understanding of access management and security groups (i.e. IAM, S3 bucket, Cloud Trail, SSH, VPN, etc.).
- Ability to write and use unit and functional testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming, Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5+ years experience.
- 3+ years of related systems programming experience.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com