Information Technology | Arnold , MO , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a Senior Linux Cloud Systems Engineer in Arnold, MO to support a sophisticated enterprise exploitation environment.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Support architect, build, maintain Hadoop, and other cloud infrastructure.
- Apply Configuration Management disciplines to maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation.
- Develop and direct the development of content for a complex and growing infrastructure. This includes use cases for Dashboards, Active Channels, Reports, Rules, Filters, Trends, and Active Lists.
- Provide guidance to security analyst and network engineering staff.
- Work closely with C&A Team to maintain Security requirements for Operation of IEC systems.
- Support all aspects of NCE’s Security Information and Event Management initiative.
- Support the establishment, enhancement, and continual improvement of an integrated set of correlation rules, alerts, searches, reports, and responses.
- Coordinate and conduct event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities for the customer’s system.
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance.
- Perform systems hardening to DoD Standards.
- Maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations.
- Create shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks.
- Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest.
- Design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Rackspace.
- Experience with private clouds such as VMWare, OpenStack.
- Experience with Hadoop.
- Experience with Cloud platforms.
- Experience with Solaris systems engineering.
- Experience as a system architect/administrator/operator in a production environment.
- Knowledge of IAAS, PAAS and/or SAAS cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of network technologies (MPLS, routing protocols, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
- Experience with Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS.
- Experience with hypervisors such as VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-VSpecific.
- Demonstrate ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
- Must be able to support data collection from a large, complex server and network infrastructure and user base.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies.
- Must be willing to document work and participate in the customer’s change procedures.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised.
- Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team’s success.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Strong background in Unix, Solaris, Linux, or Windows servers
- Scripting skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or a related technical discipline with 5+ years experience.
- 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com