LINUX Systems Admin/Engineer (1086) | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Zapata Technology is seeking a is seeking a Red Hat Linux (RHEL) engineer to join our team. The qualified candidate will provide support for NIPR/SIPR environments and will include installation, configuration, maintenance and overall support tasks. This position will be located in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
The systems engineer will provide IT support for NIPRNet and SIPRNet environments and execute tasks such as installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting support.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Ability to develop custom tools
- 10+ Years of Linux System Administration
- General understanding of Linux features
- Experience with Linux Systems hardening (DISA’s STIG’s)
- Experience with maintaining Red Hat Satellite Server
- Experience with patch management, packaging and OS installs
- Must be highly versed in Linux administration
- Experience with supporting Linux VMs running in a VMWare environment
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing and subnets
- Experiencing with developing and maintaining custom tools in Puppet, python, perl, ruby and/or Bash to automate UNIX infrastructure
- Experience with Linux Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) servers and Security Centers Familiarity with CentOS
- Red Hat Certification is preferred.
- Bachelors degree and 20 years of experience in systems engineering and/or software engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity. 5 YOE may be substituted for degree.
Requires TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.