Network Support Technician (314) | Quantico, 22134, Quantico, VA, US
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here):
Zapata Technology is seeking a skilled cleared Network Support Technician to work in the Quantico, VA area. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
In this role, the network support technician will design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.The network support technician shall have technical expertise in Windows administration and software support, and Windows programming/scripting activities related to Active Directory and DNS.
- Provide assistance to customers in the acquisition installation, implementation, and support of DIA's Windows infrastructure.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve system failures.
- Review data such as volume, peak loads, and circuit capabilities.
- Evaluate data to determine capacity and quality of service with a view toward improving the service provided.
- Work from specifications to develop, modify, and maintain complex Windows software applications using vendor software releases and utilities.
- Responsible for applications relevant to the overall Windows system, including file maintenance routines, data backup and restoration, networks, and office applications software packages.
- Support quality assurance programs and software product reviews. Support the Virtualization and blade infrastructure, which allow a single resource such as a server, data storage device or operating system to function in a multiple resource manner.
- Assist customer personnel in developing, integrating, and supporting DIA's Windows environment.
- The incumbent shall make recommendations to improve our
- customers Windows environment.
- The incumbent shall participate as a member of our customer's Windows Support Team.
- The incumbent shall provide on-call pager services 24 hours a day to resolve Windows operational problems working with Tier 1 and Tier 2 support organizations.
- Monitor systems for STIG compliance, ensure all system and application patches using SCCM are installed regularly within approved change windows.
- Use Veritas NetBackup for system backups and recovery
- Configure and manage Windows 2016 Server Cluster failover
- Configure, test, and deploy virtual environments using VMWare and Hyper-V
- Configure and maintain storage are network solutions using NetApp storage management tools
- Configure and maintain storage backup solutions using Dell EMC Data Domain tools
- Use Microsoft SCOM for systems and network monitoring for Active Directory and Exchange servers
- Design, Configure, and maintain Microsoft Active Directory environments
- Design, Configure, and maintain Microsoft Exchange environments
- Build and Maintain Red Hat and Centos Linux Servers
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be knowledgeable on building and maintaining Windows 2012 and 2016 domains and servers.
- Must have Microsoft MCSA certification or higher
- Must have some level of Linux / Unix Certifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline with 5 or more years of related experience in PC setup and installation. Nine years of total of applicable experience and a HS/GED may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Requires TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph to be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.