Information Technology | Washington , DC , US
Zapata Technology, Inc. is currently seeking a Network Support Technician (NST), with an active TS/SCI clearance, to work in Washington DC. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
The NST will be responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
⦁ Provides expert level analysis of data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating
systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
⦁ Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
⦁ Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
⦁ Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
⦁ May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
⦁ May perform network administration duties.
⦁ Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
⦁ Serves as technical team or task leader.
⦁ Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
⦁ Participates in special projects as required.
• Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance.
• Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues.
• Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
• Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
• DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required. AIT II Level
• Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required in IT environment specified.
• High School Diploma + 9 years relevant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years relevant experience
• Associate’s Degree + 7 years relevant experience
Requires TS/SCI clearance
AAP/EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com